Indian Railways is one of the most demanding & lucrative sectors for job seekers. It is the largest demanding sector for employment, particularly for youths. Unlike IT and Pvt sector jobs it is secured and has no effect of the recession. Regular and continuous source of recruitment and a perennial source of employment. This sector has a wide range of posts for all types of youths. Employees of Indian railways get numerous facilities which are not available in other sectors.
- Having compassionate ground scheme of posting after the death of an employee.
- Residential quarters for employees in specially placed railway colonies.
- Subsidised canteen facilities for employees all over the country.
- Own schools and colleges for the study of employees’ children.
- Free medical care in railway hospitals.
- Job security and job satisfaction.
- Good training programme for all employees.
- Free travel for employees and their family members.
- Attractive perks like yearly bonus, welfare measures etc.